Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Self-Help

Okay, so... I like going to movies, right? And... i like reading. So, when i see a preview for a movie, i like to go out and buy the book before i see the movie. So, my friend and i saw, Twilight, i think... not sure. But we saw the preview for "He's Just Not That Into You". It looked really funny and awesome, so, after the movie, we go to the bookstore. I go up to the counter and i asked the guy there (maybe.. late 20s early 30s) where i could find the book. He looked at me and my friend sorta funny, but said okay. I thought he would take me to the fiction section... no. he took me to the...

Self-Help Book Section.

What. The. Heck.

So, he looked at us again funny but left us with the book in hand. We were sorta confused, we looked at the cover (it had the movie cover) and we bought it without really looking at it.
So ... we look at it in the car.

It's an advice book.

But it's so freaking hilarious! We read some of it, some of it didnt... apply to us teenagers. know what i mean?

anyway... so, i own one self-help book. it's called "He's Just Not that Into You". and no, it doesn't really mean anything to the movie. so, if you are looking to read the book before you see the movie, dont ask the guy at the bookstore. he might just offer you a chocolate with your purchase.

3 comments:

Mama D said...

I've seen the previews for this movie. It looks like it could be good - or blah. Wonder which way it will go...

That guy at the bookstore was pretty funny. You'll have to tell me how the rest of that self-help book is, and if it really helps. :)

Corrie- said...

LOL, I'm wiping away the tears now...Self-Help books? Really? I can't believe you bought it anyway.

Papa D said...

Mama, I'm not sure this is a self-help book that Emma is going to be comfortable sharing with you. *grin*

I can see the guys face now, and I can't stop laughing.