Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Memories of 2008:
I still have my job at Hallmark.
I graduated from high school and now attend UC
I havent gotten a ticket or anything (driving)
I am an adult.
I am planning a study abroad trip
I am writing a short novel whatever thing. (see one tree hill)
I have made amends, new friends, and have tried to keep in touch with high school friends
Everyone told me its hard to keep in touch.. i didnt believe them. now i do. its really hard when one of your best friends lives in north carolina.
I got to vote! -- with the results i was .. upset? i think thats as far as i can go on this blog.
I made the dean's list my first quarter at UC.
I kept my 2008 resolution for most of the year.
happy new year!
Monday, December 15, 2008
2. Does Santa wrap presents or sit them under the tree? Wrap. It's the kind of surprise i like.
3. Colored or white lights on tree and house? Depends on the house.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Nope.
5. When do you put your decorations up? usually the first or second week of december. never before that. that's crazy.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? mashed potatoes and gravy and roast. yum.
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? I guess "believing" in santa claus.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? when i was younger, i saw my parents putting them under the tree. i had snuck down in the middle of the night
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? we used to, when we would get lots of presents, but since getting older and the value or expense gets higher, we get less. so, i dont open one on the eve anymore.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? popcorn, ornaments, lights
11. Snow, Love it or Dread it? Love it, if i dont have to drive in it! getting out of university classes is harder than high school.
12. Can you ice skate? not really. but i like trying!
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? hm...i love everything really.
14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? being with family
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? hm... mom's cookies. or pumpkin pie!
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? opening presents in the morning with the family. or going to "festival of lights" every year.
17. What tops your tree? a topper. its not an angel or star. just a pretty topper.
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? i love giving. but i love getting presents too.
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? "Oh Holy Night". (religious wise) i like a lot of the fun ones too.
20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? Yum.. but they have to be the originals (peppermint). otherwise, they are so gross. who thought of bubblegum or blueberry flavored candy canes? sick.
21. Who are you tagging? Anyone
Monday, December 1, 2008
1. Started your own blog
2. Slept under the stars
3. Played in a band
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than you can afford to charity
7. Been to Disneyland...it was Eurodisney in Paris. does that count?
8. Climbed a mountain
9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sang a solo
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown your own vegetables
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept overnight on a train
21. Had a pillow fight
22. Hitch hiked
23. Taken a sick day when your're not ill
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Run a Marathon
28. Ridden a gondola in Switzerland
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset
31. Hit a home run
32. Been on a cruise
33. Seen Niagra Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors
35. Seen Amish country
36. Taught yourself a new language
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David
41. Sung karaoke
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight
46. Been transported in an ambulance...in France. it was terrible. the ride was prety cool, and i wouldve thought "wow, cool" if i wasnt in dire pain.
47. Had your portrait painted
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris...we would've but the very top was closed due to winds. but im counting this anyway.
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in movie
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies
62. Gone whale watching
63. Got flowers for no reason
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi concentration camp
67. Bounced a check
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten Caviar
72. Pieced a quilt
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper
85. Read the entire Bible
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone’s life
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous... i think he was a tennis star. cant remember. i guess i can count it :)
92. Joined a book club
93. Lost a loved one
94. Had a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a lawsuit
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee
100. One cavity or less
Friday, November 28, 2008
My rating: 9.5/10 --
Okay, I am sick of everyone saying the movie sucked. Look at it from another perspective. I must admit, I saw it for the first time and came out thinking: "They just did an okay job with one my favorite books". But when i saw it the second time, i enjoyed it much more. the first time, a sincere lover of the books probably critized, could see flaws in every scene. i did. but, what if there was someone if the audience that had never heard of the book. *gasp* yes, there are people like that. my friend saw the movie, and loved it. deal with it. the movie is made, and you cant change it. a geniune lover could see that some may love it some may not but you gotta deal with it either way.
robert and kristen have AMAZING chemistry. the connection is deep and real.
kristen did an amazing job. she acted very much like the bella we have come to know. she is constantly tripping, slipping, and stuttering. she is in the presence of the most gorgeous man on earth, who wouldnt be like this? robert was amazing. not exactly who i imagined, but he's pretty darn close. so hot. :)
no movie can portray what everyone saw. maybe this movie is EXACTLY what someone saw. stephenie meyer had some creative control, she knew what was happening. so, if you hate the movie, blame her too, not just the director.
overall, i thought twilight the movie was amazing. it was well acted, and incredible. it may not have flowed like we wanted, or had something change that shouldnt have been. enjoy the movie for what it is: entertainment.
if you dont like the movie, save your money, and buy the collector's edition of twilight. i'll do both.
and again: i wasnt a HUGE fan of the movie the first time. i had to go a second time to completely fall in love with twilight all over again.
Monday, October 20, 2008
"MY UNSPECTACULAR QUIRKS"
1.Link to the person who tagged you
2.Mention the rules on your blog
3.Tell 6 unspectacular quirks about you
4.Tag 6 following bloggers by linking to them
5.Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger's blogs letting them know they've been tagged.
My sister Corrie tagged me. and because i'm a bored (insert sarcasm) college student, i thought i would fill this out, since im done with most of my midterms.
1. I am, like corrie, OCD. I think everyone in my family is to some degree. I have recently gotten into the habit of KEEPING my room clean. I cannot go to bed unless it's decent. i dont care about my closet though. i like keeping things organized, though sometimes i fail. :)
2. Like corrie (do you see a pattern?), i don't really like potlucks. i am much more aware that i am a bit of a germaphobe. (spelling, i know). i dont know where the hands have been. just, ew. i love eating what my family has to offer though! (no offense.. just a preference).
3. I like/have to eat something in even numbers. yes, even numbers. i take 6 grapes, not 5. i can eat them one at a time, but i have to eat things in even numbers. i think that is just plain sad. but its my quirk, and i will love it.
4. i have to read even a page of a book before i go to bed. no matter what time it is, or what book it is, i have to read a little bit. i cannot fall asleep. i dont knwo why, but reading is so relaxing, it helps me sleep.
5. i have to be the leader. its a bossy thing. i like to boss people around, and i dont have a problem doing it. i like having the last say. maybe this is why i want to be a teacher. getting paid to boss kids around. :)
6. i am an impluse buyer. even though i hate to shop. i once bought an expensive purse, one because i wanted it to for long, and two because i needed a good cheering up. i finally broke down and bought it. ive learned that i earned that money, and while i need to save, there's no problem with a little bit of indulgence. :)
well, everyone i know has already done this, so i think im off the hook.
Monday, June 23, 2008
i cant wait to go to the beach again with the fam. get away from this place called fairfield. sometimes you need to get the heck away just to appreciate it when you get back. *sigh* cant that just be now?! i NEED a vacation.
thats another thing. how come everyone assumes that teenagers are just good-for-nothings? i work. yes, im lazy. but i am a human. i pay for all my stuff...for the most part. i just dont get it. they were teenagers once too. dont they remember...they are claim to anyway.
so, here sitting in my lazy chair, at 11:30 pm EST. i wish you all a fabulously lazy summer. with a little dash of excitment. and hopefully no one to ruin a fantastic day with bad humor.
Thursday, June 12, 2008
i have an awesome family who loves and supports me and i am glad that i was able to spend my senior year having some fun. i love my job at hallmark and am getting hyped for the christmas boxes to be arriving within days. :) (oh, christmas in june/july...how i've missed you so) i cant wait for orientation, but then the reality of the situation will be realized. i will defiently miss highschool...not the insane drama i've had. but the amazing realtionships i have been able to develop with friends that may seem not so my type. i have loved aiding for my english teacher- i got to see the behind-the-scenes :) (in fact...i WAS the behind-the-scenes coordinator) to those who are just entering highschool---make the most of it. but dont feel pressured to join clubs or anything. i have no regrets. just join one. you dont want to look like a total loser. :)
highschool--you've been great.
college--im a little afraid of you, but im sure it'll be fun...it better be.
<3 "the great person with the great thoughts"
Sunday, April 6, 2008
noun. A crippling disease that strikes high school seniors. Symptoms include: laziness, an over-excessive wearing of track pants, old athletic shirts, sweatpants, athletic shorts, and sweatshirts. Also features a lack of studying, repeated absences, and a generally dismissive attitude. The only known cure is a phenomenon known as graduation. (Urbandictionary.com)
I am a firm believer in this "disease", i have it. I am lazy (come on: one lab class, one computer class, and one c.p. english class), i wear a lot of sweats. I do have a lack of studying and a sometimes a dismissive attitude. "Oh, who cares, we'll be gone in 9 weeks anyway." i am always at school though.
Friday, February 29, 2008
1. I love school. As much as I say I hate it. :)
2. I love my job. I don't think i usually complain about it.
3. I love every movie genre. Except horror.
4. I love every music genre. Except rap.
5. I love high school so much, i want to teach high school English.
6. My senior year is definitely my favorite. I enjoy all of my classes.
7. I LOVE politics. I will argue with anyone (well...almost) about them.
8. I bought Glenn Beck's book: An Inconveient Book. I found it to be insightful and loved the fact that someone else has my thought process!
9. I would eat Chinese food everyday if I could...and if it wasnt so bad for me. :)
10. I love snow days.
11. I love rainy days.
12. I love cold days.
13. I hate getting up so early in the morning...but i feel better when i do.
14. I love sci-fi books. Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Great and Terrible Beauty, Twilight.
15. I hate the dark.
16. I love the night sky though.
17. I love storms when I'm home safe and not alone. and no tornados.
18. I love watching a political movie. (hence the obsessive love of political debates i could easily win by shouting my debate partner down with my intellectual verbiage to show that i am imperious)
19. Sometimes, im told i scare people because i love politics.
20. I've also been told its not healthy for a 17 year old to take such an intense and harsh opinion on the topics.
21. I read Harry Potter 7 in about 8 hours.
22. I went and got the book at midnight.
23. I love the show Gilmore Girls.
25. I love the show The Office.
26. I love reading for pleasure. I'll TRY to read just about anything.
27. I enjoy singing. People think that i dont like to sing. I know im not good, so i am actually saving you. :)
28. I love any kind of MILK chocolate.
29. I love watching old 80's shows/movies and The Office with Corrie and Andy.
30. I love finding old mixes of CD's i made in the 6th grade and making that priceless face of utter disgust. But then, i realize why i loved NSYNC and all those boy/girl bands.
31. I buy People magazine so often i should have a subscription.
32. I am very disappointed that the first time I get to vote, I will have to vote for the "least disappointing/worse candidate". I was hoping for someone with actual experience.
33. I may have quit dance, but i still dance :)
34. Corrie was willing to pay for her own jeans at my age. I would rather pay for a cheapie pair (Old Navy!) and buy some awesome stuff for the computer or ipod.
35. I dont care about being fashionable. All i care about is if the jeans/shirt fit alright. then throw a black jacket or a hoodie on. who are you trying to impress? *note: i do try to look nice for work.
36. I spend too much money. (see #34)
37. I love the comic strip Zits.
38. I hate going to the doctor.
39. I love taking naps.
40. I probably take too long of a nap.
41. I wish I had an accent (preferrably Australian, but i'd settle for British)
42. I wish i could spend a year at a university in australia.
43. I think maybe i'll save tons of money and go for a year when i have the money. whether or not im still in school.
44. I'm obsessed with traveling.
45. I love getting my hair cut.
46. I trying to grow my hair out for locks of love.
47. I've talked to my teachers about my low grade to see what i could do to bring it up and also because i thought my grade was too high. (overacheiver? suck-up?)
48. Sometimes I think im too honest.
49. When i spent a month in France, i dislocated my knee at the pool. i was taken away on a stretcher and into an ambulence with the lights and sirens. that was the only cool part.
50. I can feel the weather in that knee.
51. I really want to go to New Zealand... because of Lord of the Rings (and because my mom lived there :) )
52. I want to take a roadtrip. just me and a friend.
53. I've only lived in two different houses.
54. I've wondered what Simon Cowell would say to me if i auditioned for American Idol.
55. I love the ocean.
56. I dont wish to live there though. it wouldnt be special.
57. I love black and white movies.
58. I am getting annoyed with the stupid Writer's Guild. I mean, i totally understand their plight, but COME ON! i want my Without A Trace!!!! somebody needs to give in!
59. I love playing the piano. When i want.
60. I really want to go to Prince Edward Island. Maybe it's my Anne of Green Gables obsession coming out.
61. I love musicals. most of them anyway.
62. After our incredible winter snowy season, i wonder what those people who believe in global warming are saying.
63. I really cant wait for graduation.
64. I'm pretty bummed about OGT week. i mean, i passed the OGT's awesomely, but i dont have to be at school till 10 and i still have to get up at 4:30. :(
65. I think i would walk in my neighborhood if there wasnt a chance i would get mauled by wild dogs.
66. Corrie and Andy walk up here. They have no idea what im talking about.
67. Im not imagining these dogs. Maybe i have a scent. a "come get me, i cant run fast" scent. hm.......
68. Could you tell i dont really like dogs? i've only liked 2 dogs. Ben (andrew and shelley's cute SMALL dog) and Dolly (Merrell's dog...i finally got used to her the week before they gave her up).
69. I've noticed than whenever i go to a church event and see my parent's friends i always get the "oh! you're so grown up! i've known you since you were yeh high" speech.
70. I love staying up late.
71. I love sleeping in late.
72. I'm pretty tired now.
73. I cant wait for college...but i can.
74. I love playing random computer games.
75. I pratically grew up on romantic comedies.
76. You've got Mail, Sleepless in Seattle, While you Were Sleeping, Father of the Bride I and II top the list.
77. I still love romantic comedies.
78. I love explaining that I am Australian. And have Australian citizenship :) i love bragging about that.
79. I love being one of the youngest of 6.
80. This just means i have four amazing older siblings!
81. And one little brother who is amazing!
82. As i've gotten older, i feel my siblings can tolerate me more :)
83. I love the tradition of going with Andy, Andrew, Shelley, and Spencer (no longer Corrie....who wont watch them anymore) to see Harry Potter the day it comes out.
84. I believe the justice system in America is not up to par.
85. I find truth in song lyrics.
86. I love it when Corrie gives me 80's and 90's music.
87. I cant wait to be 18.
88. I still vividly remember the 3rd grade and calling dirt "soil" because that's the way i was taught at home.
89. I also remember that if Spencer and I found little silver worms in the garden and we killed them, we got a quarter. Then it was a dime. Then we didnt get anything. Therefore, we dont garden.
90. I wouldnt pay my kids to kill worms. Moles maybe.
91. I love watching 90's reruns of Saved by the Bell, Boy Meets World, Family Matters (Urkel!), and Full House.
92. I can play the whole Lord of the Rings theme/Lotr:Return of the King melody on the piano (11 mins!).
93. I have defeated the game: Zelda. I love it!
94. I hate going into the basement late at night.
95. I love my ipod.
96. I appreciate my entire family.
97. I have a close friend that i can tell everything to. She's good at not judging me.
98. I'm about to go watch more Gilmore Girls.
99. I have a craving for Chinese food.
100. I have a craving for chocolate too.
Corrie-try to do this!!! :) *tag*