Monday, December 31, 2007

Good Bye 2007


Memories of Two-Thousand and Seven:

I applied to college.
I got my first real job.
I can finally say I'm a senior in high school.
I got my driver's license.


well, that's all the super big things i can think of at 3AM.

2008 should bring many exciting things for me. I will head off to college. The only thing that has been on my mind and on the mind of my family for about a year now. I will officially become an adult, which means I can finally vote. I plan on buying Glenn Beck's book, "An Inconvenient Book". Finally, someone who shares my ideas and doesnt think they're too "rash". :)

Those are the two things that I want most right now. To go to college and vote.

and maybe i'll save up for a car... eh. probably not.

the top ten things i want to accomplish in 2008: (no one is saying that all of these are realistic)
10. Graduate (of course!!!)
9. Travel to Italy
8.Take one day to sit and do nothing but read.
7. Keep my New Year's Resolutions!!
6. Study Abroad (this may take a few years) in England to study Shakespearean lit.
5. Write in my journal everyday.
4. Travel to my dream place. (this is a real place, but only a couple people know about it)
3. Keep my room/dorm clean.
2. Study.
1. Study.


Have a happy 2008!

4 comments:

Corrie- said...

We love you Emma! You do anything you put your mind to. I hope you get to stay here for college, that way I won't have to miss you. :) Go Bearcats!

Mama D said...

I love the idea of including memories of the old year and not just resolutions for the new year.

You have lots of big events happening in your life. What a great time! Enjoy it. You have a great list of things you want to accomplish in 2008.

Leslie said...

Really Emma. You only need to include study once in your list. It is enough. You are a wonderful person! Thanks for your influence in my life!

Papa D said...

Emma, why don't you have "study" listed four times? *grin*

Seriously, I have absolutely no doubt that whether you are able to accomplish every one of your goals this year, you will have a wonderful year - simply because you are a wonderful young woman.